MAT232 Statisical Literacy
- You will find Video 3: Sampling by navigating to the MSL Tools for Success link under Course Home. This video discusses sampling in the context of how estimates of population parameters are obtained. It refers to Video 1: What is an Average? where we obtained an “average of 1.89 feet per person.” It points out that applying this statistic depends on thinking through whom the population is meant to be, and that depends on the study question (i.e., “If you want to understand your answer, you really have to work out carefully what your question is.”).
- As the sample statistic was derived from a bunch of kids heading to the playground, plus a one-legged man who we asked to show up, we conclude that the sample was a bad one. We explain that random sampling is generally a good way of obtaining a representative sample such that you can be confident that the sample statistic is a good estimate of the population parameter.
- Respond to one of the following questions in your initial post:
- Are all good samples random? This is an opportunity to bring up opinion polling, which typically tries to obtain views from particular groups (e.g., men, women, older, younger, employed, unemployed, Democrat, Republican, etc.) and then “weights” the results by the prevalence in the population.
- Your initial post should be 150 to 250 words in length
Have troubles with paper writing? You’ve found the right paper writing company! We are the leading essay writing services that provides quality papers for a reasonable price. On our website, you can order various assignments. Our work is 100% original. We write your essay from scratch, according to the exact specifications of your assignment. We guarantee it will pass any plagiarism check
Get Your Papers Completed by Expert Writers
Order essays, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, research proposal, capstone project, discussion, projects, case study, speech/presentation, article, article critique, coursework, book report/review, movie review, annotated bibliography, or another assignment without having to worry about its originality – we offer 100% original content written completely from scratch