Mandatory Bargaining Topics
Before Beginning, Please See Required Reading in the Attachment
Homework Case Assignment:
While reading the background material covering this assignment, pay special attention to the topics of the following questions and take note of any you cannot readily recall.
1. Explain what is meant by “mandatory bargaining topics” and provide three examples.
2. Give a brief overview of the National Labor Relations Act and what it covers. Does it have another name? Has the NLRA been amended? If so, by what law?
3. Give a brief overview of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
4. What is the Railway Labor Act?
5. What is the Landrum Griffin Act?
6. What is the AFL-CIO?
7. What are some common exceptions to employment-at-will?
8. What do the following terms mean: “union shop,” “closed shop,” and “agency shop”?
9. What is the intent of “right to work” laws?
Once you familiarize yourself with these nine labor relation topics, select 3 of the topics that you know the least about. Research the topics and then discuss them in a 3- to 4-page paper, not counting the cover or reference list pages. You can cover a variety of aspects of the three topics or laws, but should include statements of why you selected these topics or laws, the impact the topic or law had on the workforce, and the characteristics of each topic or law. You should try to write at least a full page on each of the three topics or laws you selected for this assignment.
As usual, you will need a cover page and reference list page in your submitted file. In addition to the background readings, be sure you find peer-reviewed academic journal articles for your selected topics or laws—at least one reference per topic or law.
Have troubles with paper writing? You’ve found the right paper writing company! We are the leading essay writing services that provides quality papers for a reasonable price. On our website, you can order various assignments. Our work is 100% original. We write your essay from scratch, according to the exact specifications of your assignment. We guarantee it will pass any plagiarism check
Get Your Papers Completed by Expert Writers
Order essays, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, research proposal, capstone project, discussion, projects, case study, speech/presentation, article, article critique, coursework, book report/review, movie review, annotated bibliography, or another assignment without having to worry about its originality – we offer 100% original content written completely from scratch