DIVERSITY, RACISM, OPPRESSION & PRIVILEGE
DIVERSITY, RACISM, OPPRESSION & PRIVILEGE custom essay
DIVERSITY, RACISM, OPPRESSION & PRIVILEGE
Final Paper Instructions:
Length: 6-10 pages
Instructions: Answer all eight questions
- Comment on your experience in DROP (Diversity, Racism, Oppression and Privilege) class. What did you find helpful? What concepts/topics did you struggle with? Why do you think this course is taught to new MSW students? (MSW=Master Social Work)
- Explain how the weekly Reflectionshave helped increase your awareness of your privilege/oppression in at least 2 areas of the social identity wheel.
Reflections: We have assigned readings every week and we need to write the reflection paper for each one of them. I will provide all the readings. (I won’t provide my reflection papers, because I don’t want my thoughts and ideas affect your writing).
Social Identity Wheel
Socio-economic class: Middle class
Age: Young adult
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Biological Sex: Male
National Origin: China
Physical Ability: Able Bodied
First Language: Chinese
- Which two readings have resonated with you the most? Discuss ways these authors have increased your awareness of diversity.
- What does IntersectionalityandInstitutional Racism mean?
- Visit the following page www.antiracistalliance.com. Find a resource/piece of knowledge that will help in your anti-racist/diversity work. Explain howthis knowledge will help inform your future work. (Attach resource at the end of your paper).
- Explain what cross racial clinical work is and how it pertains to Anti-Oppressive and Anti-Racist Practice.
- Explain why the term “White Privilege”might be incorrect and why “White Supremacy”should be considered instead.
- How will you continue to unpack your racial identity? What are some ways you can continue to engage in racial dialogue?
- Engage Diversity and Difference in Practice
- Apply and communicate understanding of the importance of diversity and difference shaping life experiences in practice at the micro, mezzo, and macro levels.
- Present themselves as learners and engage clients and constituencies as experts of their own experiences.
- Apply self-awareness and self-regulation to manage the influence of personal biases and values in working with diverse clients and constituencies.
- Advance Human Rights, Social, Economic, and Environmental Justice
- Apply their understanding of social, economic, and environmental justice to advocate for human rights at the individual and system levels
- Engage in practices that advance social, economic and environmental justice.
- Assess Individuals, Families, Groups, Organizations, and Communities
- Collect and organize data, and apply critical thinking to interpret information from clients and constituencies
- Apply knowledge of human behavior and the social environment, person-in-environment, and other multidisciplinary theoretical frameworks in the analysis of assessment date from clients and constituencies.
Follow this link to get a similar paper written from scratch
Place an order for this assignment or any other paper with us. We guarantee that the paper will be delivered within the specified deadline. We also have a personalized customer support and you will be able to communicate with your writer throughout the order preparation process. Thank you for choosing us.
Have troubles with paper writing? You’ve found the right paper writing company! We are the leading essay writing services that provides quality papers for a reasonable price. On our website, you can order various assignments. Our work is 100% original. We write your essay from scratch, according to the exact specifications of your assignment. We guarantee it will pass any plagiarism check
Get Your Papers Completed by Expert Writers
Order essays, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, research proposal, capstone project, discussion, projects, case study, speech/presentation, article, article critique, coursework, book report/review, movie review, annotated bibliography, or another assignment without having to worry about its originality – we offer 100% original content written completely from scratch