Diagnosis & Treatment Planning
Diagnosis & Treatment Planning
For the final assignment in Unit 9, you will draw on the DSM-5 mental disorder you selected in Unit 3 and the case study you created in Unit 7 to formulate a comprehensive DSM-5 diagnosis that includes the principal diagnosis, medical conditions, and other conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention (V and Z codes), develop an effective treatment plan for addressing this client’s presenting symptoms and issues, and discuss how social systems impact the assessment and treatment process.
To successfully complete this project, you will be expected to:
- Assessment: Describe the methods you would use to assess and diagnose this client, based on the case study you developed. Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of these approaches to evaluate which methods would be most appropriate for your client.
- Diagnosis: Develop a comprehensive DSM-5 diagnosis for the hypothetical client presented in the Unit 7 assignment paper. Include the principal diagnosis, medical conditions, and other conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention. Use the template provided in Resources. Provide a rationale for any choice of diagnosis you have made. Describe the advantages and limitations of using the DSM-5 to diagnose this client.
- Treatment Planning: Develop a treatment plan for working with the client (refer to the Unit 6 discussion for an outline of a brief treatment plan). Incorporate current research and diagnostic resources used in the counseling profession to develop a treatment plan that effectively addresses this client’s presenting symptoms and issues. Describe the links you are making between the assessment process, the diagnosis, and the approach you will take with the client during therapy. Describe the following elements in your treatment plan and use specific examples to illustrate your ideas:
- A) Focus of therapy.
- B) Goals (short and long term) for the client.
- C) Specific interventions you will use to help the client reach his or her goals, based on an identified theory.
- Evaluation of the Impact of Social Systems: Evaluate the impact of social systems on the diagnosis and treatment planning process. Explain the larger environments and social systems that would need to be considered when diagnosing this client and formulating a treatment plan. Discuss the ways in which managed care companies, the health care system, school systems, the policies within your own agency, or other social, political, or economic systems might impact the diagnosis and treatment planning process with this client.
Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA sixth edition style and formatting.
Number of resources: Minimum of six references from assigned readings and scholarly articles.
Length of paper: 6–8 typed, double-spaced pages.
Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.
Attach a copy, in the appendixes, of the 1–2 page hypothetical case study description you wrote for the Unit 7 assignment.
Place an order for this assignment or any other paper with us now. We guarantee that the paper will be delivered within the specified deadline. We also have a personalized customer support and you will be able to communicate with your writer throughout the order preparation process. Thank you for choosing us.
Have troubles with paper writing? You’ve found the right paper writing company! We are the leading essay writing services that provides quality papers for a reasonable price. On our website, you can order various assignments. Our work is 100% original. We write your essay from scratch, according to the exact specifications of your assignment. We guarantee it will pass any plagiarism check
Get Your Papers Completed by Expert Writers
Order essays, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, research proposal, capstone project, discussion, projects, case study, speech/presentation, article, article critique, coursework, book report/review, movie review, annotated bibliography, or another assignment without having to worry about its originality – we offer 100% original content written completely from scratch