BUS475 WEEK-1 KNOWLEDGE CHECK
BUS475 WEEK-1 KNOWLEDGE CHECK
- Reaching a valid decision is based on the evaluation of arguments. If we know that a valid argument has true premises, then a decision based on the argument______________.
A. must be sound
B. might be sound
C. is strong
D. might have a false conclusion
2. Identify the fallacy in the following piano store advertisement: “Pianos are our only business. You’ll get the best deal at the Piano Experts.”
A. Ad hominem
B. Straw man
C. Hasty generalization
D. Red herring
3. Which of the following statements describes creativity correctly?
A. Only highly intelligent people are capable of generating creative ideas.
B. Creative people are born with the trait.
C. Anyone can become more creative.
D. Children are more creative than adults.
4. How would you assess the following statement? Consider both the nature of the claim and the source. “Lottery director Mark Michalko said Thursday that allegations that Californians are squandering money they once used for food to buy lottery tickets are just not correct.’. . . California Grocers Association president Don Beaver raised the issue earlier in the week, saying five supermarket chains had complained that grocery sales dropped about 5 percent after lottery tickets went on sale October 3.” —Sacramento Bee
Requiring further documentation
Claim that cannot be properly evaluated
5. The Sarbanes–Oxley Act was created in 2002 to improve and maintain investor confidence. The act includes which of the following:
senior managers sign off on financial results
privately held companies must report to the public
officers are exempt if they were not aware of a misrepresentation
company insiders may compose the entire Board of Directors
6. Organizational behavior is examined at three main levels.
Traits, behaviors, and results
Affective, cognitive, and behavioral
Individual, organizational, and societal
Individual, group, and organizational
7. Employees who have intrinsic work values will be motivated by
status in the workplace
8. Research on the five-stage model of group development shows that
all groups pass through the norming stage
groups always pass through the stages in order
not all groups go through each of the stages
all groups pass through the adjourning stage
9.The extent to which a leader actually does help a group or organization to achieve its goals is best described as
10. When the business environment is __________, an organization is most likely to decentralize authority and empower its employees to make operating decisions.
11. To make your communication more effective
include as much information as possible, even if you are not sure it is necessary
send the same messages by multiple channels
clearly address your audience’s wants and needs, not yours
draw pictures and animations your audience will understand
12.Which of the following meeting technologies would be most effective for negotiations, collaborative problem solving, and other complex discussions?
13.Most persuasive messages combine
many major points all at once
logical and emotional factors
truth and falsehood
current and very old evidence
14. Important design elements to consider when creating slides include which of the following:
selecting background designs
selecting a theme
15. Which of the following would be the best wording to use on a resume?
“I was in charge of a staff of six employees.”
“I supervised a full staff of six employees.”
“Was in charge of entire departmental staff.”
“Supervised staff of six employees.”
16. The __________ approach to ethics maintains that an ethical action is the one that provides the most good or does the least harm.
common good approach
18.Wireless communication includes which of the following:
traditional land lines
19. Enterprise resource planning applications seeks to integrate a number of issues, including which of the following:
tenure of the staff
production and inventory levels
turnover rate of the project staff
20. The request for proposal (RFP) is one of the key tools in acquiring information systems and applications. Which of the following statements best characterizes the RFP?
The RFP must always be used.
It is prepared by the vendor.
It always identifies the price.
It defines the scope of the project.
21. The relationship between jurisdiction and venue of state and federal courts
often causes delays in case resolution
causes development of conflicting rules in similar disputes
is determined by the U.S. Attorney General
is well-defined by statute and case law
22.Businesses owe customers (business invitees) visiting their stores
no duty of care, the customer assumes the risk of injury
a warning of known risks, only
a duty to inspect for and warn of risks
a duty to repair hidden risks only where children are involved
23.A legally enforceable contract always requires
a written document
signatures of all parties
a heading saying “Contract” or “Agreement”
a manifest intent to be bound by the parties
24. Regulatory (or administrative) law arises from
attorney general opinions
policy documents prepared by nongovernmental organizations
25. The purpose of a clear ethical code in a business is
to draw on employees religious background
to encourage philosophical debate among employees
to regulate employees’ private conduct
to manage values and conflicts among them
We are ready to write this paper for you from scratch.
Place an order for this assignment or any other paper with us. We guarantee that the paper will be delivered within the specified deadline. We also have a personalized customer support and you will be able to communicate with your writer throughout the order preparation process. Thank you for choosing us.
Have troubles with paper writing? You’ve found the right paper writing company! We are the leading essay writing services that provides quality papers for a reasonable price. On our website, you can order various assignments. Our work is 100% original. We write your essay from scratch, according to the exact specifications of your assignment. We guarantee it will pass any plagiarism check
Get Your Papers Completed by Expert Writers
Order essays, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, research proposal, capstone project, discussion, projects, case study, speech/presentation, article, article critique, coursework, book report/review, movie review, annotated bibliography, or another assignment without having to worry about its originality – we offer 100% original content written completely from scratch