Assignment 2: Organizational Structure
Due Week 6 and worth 300 points
You are the HR manager for a small retail company that sells a high volume of products over the Internet. Your company is growing rapidly due to increased
Internet sales. Your company prides itself on providing high-quality products and services. The Customer Service department is integral to the success of the
company. Over the past few months, the Customer Service department has been unable to fill its openings for Customer Service Representative positions. You
suspect there could be a number of reasons for this, but you know you first need to look at the job, the work flow, the knowledge, skills, abilities, and
experience the company is seeking to ensure the job reflects the current workload and expectations.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
1. Examine at least three (3) approaches that you can take as the HR manager to conduct a job analysis of the Customer Service Representative position.
Suggest the major pros and cons of each selected approach. Recommend the approach that would be most effective in conducting the job analysis for this
organization. Justify your recommendation.
2. Select two (2) out of the four (4) approaches to job design that are the most important for you to consider. Suggest two (2) challenges that you may
encounter when designing a job using each of the selected approaches. Support your response with specific examples to illustrate the potential advantages and
disadvantages of using each approach.
3. Using the four (4) approaches to job design, create two (2) strategies that the organization can implement to attract and select qualified applicants
for the Customer Service Representative position. Justify the main reasons that the selected strategies would be effective.
4. Propose three (3) ways that you can use the information obtained from a job analysis to measure the performance of Customer Service Representatives.
Provide a rationale for your response.
5. Use at least four (4) quality academic (peer-reviewed) resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page
and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Analyze issues involved in job design, resource planning, and recruitment.
• Evaluate an organization’s approaches to and procedures for training employees to meet organizational goals.
• Examine performance management issues and processes.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in human resource management foundations.
• Write clearly and concisely about human resource management foundations using proper writing mechanics.
Have troubles with paper writing? You’ve found the right paper writing company! We are the leading essay writing services that provides quality papers for a reasonable price. On our website, you can order various assignments. Our work is 100% original. We write your essay from scratch, according to the exact specifications of your assignment. We guarantee it will pass any plagiarism check
Get Your Assignments Completed by Expert Writers. Hire Essay Helpers for Any Task
Order essays, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, research proposal, capstone project, discussion, projects, case study, speech/presentation, article, article critique, coursework, book report/review, movie review, annotated bibliography, or another assignment without having to worry about its originality – we offer 100% original content written completely from scratch