UOP PM586 final exam
PM586 final exam 2015
- In a strong matrix structure employees take daily direction from:
Project manager only
Both, but the project manager has greater influence
Both, but the functional manager has greater influence
Functional manager only
- If the schedule variance is positive and the cost variance is negative, the project’s status is:
Over budget and behind schedule
Under budget and ahead of schedule
Over budget and ahead of schedule
Under budget and behind schedule
- Which category of projects would involve a large number of functional units where the workers may be assigned either part-time or full-time?
- Which type of chart provides the least “predictive” value?
- Scope creep is generally the result of:
Too much detail in the specifications
Having too many levels in the WBS
Poorly defined SOW
Having the wrong people assigned to the project
- Which of the following is the role of the PM rather than the role of the functional manager?
Where it will be done
How the work will be done
Who will do it
What work will be done
- The balance between quality and cost is called:
- The EVMS term that represents the value of work actually accomplished is:
- Which of the following would be the first item to be discussed in the initial kickoff meeting for a project?
Understanding of the budget
Understanding of the schedule
Understanding of the requirements
Understanding of the plan
- Quality is defined by the:
- Which of the following people has the greatest influence on how much authority a project manager will possess on a given project?
The project sponsor
The project manager’s line manager
The project manager himself / herself
- A project manager desires a work breakdown structure that goes through 6 levels of detail. Level 3 through level 6 would most likely be prepared by:
Subject matter experts
- In which project life cycle phase does quality begin?
Initiation / planning
Monitoring & control
- Project management restructuring allowed companies to manage projects that _____.
Had undefined objectives
Could not be handled by the traditional organization
Did not require effective cost control
Require little functional integration
- Risk constitutes a lack of knowledge _____.
Of future events
About the estimates
About the customer’s requirements
About the environment
- The two primary components of a risk are:
The probability and the impact
The impact and the event
The impact and the amount at stake
The event and the probability
- Which of the following standard project estimating techniques is usually accomplished in weeks?
- The hardest part in creating a best practices library is:
- A typical project office (not to be confused with a project management office) responsible for the management of a large project includes the project manager and the:
Project sponsor and assistant project managers
Assistant project managers
Assistant project managers and functional managers
- Industries that have _____ tasks and operate in a _____ environment demonstrated the greatest need for project management.
- Pricing out the construction cost of a home by a cost per square foot would be representative of a(n) _____ estimate.
- The collective term for the formal quality activities and processes is called:
- The difference between the cost baseline and the contracted cost is the:
Cost of scope changes
Cost at completion
- Plans such as the cost plan, schedule plan and quality plan are referred to as:
- Companies can become reasonably mature in project management by designing the right support systems. In general, how much time usually elapses after maturity before a company becomes excellent in project management execution?
- The best source of revenue for a customer-requested scope change is:
A customer-funded contract amendment
- During the 1970s and 1980s, formal project management practices were put in place because the constraints were _____ and _____ boundaries had to be crossed
- A charting technique designed to illustrate the inductive and deductive reasoning necessary to achieve some objective is called a _____ Diagram / network
- Which of the following is often overlooked when planning and budgeting a project?
Timing of the deliverables
Number of meetings with the customer
Cost and size of contractual documentation
- What is the project sponsor’s responsibility with regard to the WBS preparation?
The sponsor should not be involved in WBS development.
Make sure all work packages are well-defined.
Make sure that the management levels of the WBS are correct.
Make sure that the technical levels of the WBS are correct.
We are ready to write this paper for you from scratch.
Place an order for this assignment or any other paper with us. We guarantee that the paper will be delivered within the specified deadline. We also have a personalized customer support and you will be able to communicate with your writer throughout the order preparation process. Thank you for choosing us.
Have troubles with paper writing? You’ve found the right paper writing company! We are the leading essay writing services that provides quality papers for a reasonable price. On our website, you can order various assignments. Our work is 100% original. We write your essay from scratch, according to the exact specifications of your assignment. We guarantee it will pass any plagiarism check
Get Your Papers Completed by Expert Writers
Order essays, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, research proposal, capstone project, discussion, projects, case study, speech/presentation, article, article critique, coursework, book report/review, movie review, annotated bibliography, or another assignment without having to worry about its originality – we offer 100% original content written completely from scratch