Trade unions may be good for some workers but, overall, detrimental to the economy
TOPIC : Trade unions may be good for some workers but, overall, detrimental to the economy. Therefore, union busting should be regarded as a totally legitimate activity’. Discuss.
Essential reading includes, but it is not limited to (can be found on the internet (pdf) :
Budd, J. W. (2004a) Achieving Decent Work by Giving Employment and Human Face. Geneva: ILO.
Budd, J. W. (2004b) Labour Relations: Striking a Balance. NY: McGraw-Hill. Chapter 2: Labour Unions: Good or Bad?
Bread and Roses (UK, 2000)
Global Competitiveness Report.
Hyman, R. (2001) Between Class, Market and Society. ‘Introduction’. London: Sage.
Koen, C. I. (2005) Comparative International Management, London: McGraw-Hill. Chapter 12: Globalisation.
Levitt, M. J. (1993) Confessions of a Union Buster, New York: Crown Publishers. Foreword, Prologue (1-5), Chapter ‘Poison’ (pp. 239-259); Epilogue (287-290).
Logan, J. (2004) The Fine Art of Union Busting, New Labor Forum, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 77-91.
Data on trade union member and density. OECD; Eurofound; and Worker Participation EU.
Sorge, A., Noorderhaven, N., and Koen, C. (2015) Comparative International Management. Second Edition. Abingdon: Routledge. Chapter 11: Globalisation
- Essay writing: practical guidelines
- Do answer the question and pay attention to its different elements.
- Identify key issues – make sure you comment on problematic areas, and do not be frightened to suggest that there is no clear-cut answer: essays are supposed to provide a discussion and debate.
- Present a coherent argument and a logical structure so that related ideas are grouped together and there is a logical progression from one area of discussion to another. Refer back to the question, too, to demonstrate how your argument and comment relates to it.
Each essay will be different but a typical structure will normally consist of:
- Introduction (250 words) where you let the reader know how you interpret the question and how plan to answer it.
- Body (1500 words) where you develop your argument.
- Conclusions (250 words) where you finish your essay by referring back to the question and clearly stating how you answered it. No new content here.
- Bibliography (no word limit) where you include all works cited in your essay (‘references’) as well as those works you consulted but not cited (‘works also consulted’).
- Use font Times New Roman size 12 (black), with 1.5 line spacing.
- Indicate the exact word count of your essay on the last page.
- Use correct spelling, punctuation and grammar. Do not use reductions (can’t; don’t etc – instead cannot, do not etc.). Pay attention to font and layout – do not use italics throughout, for example, and avoid fancy typefaces. Space out your paragraphs and provide a margin for markers’ comments.
- Refer to the literature and incorporate concepts, frameworks, models and theories into your discussion. Having done so, attribute these – explain who developed a particular model or idea, who carried out the research to which you have referred, etc.
- Any quotations used in your work must be acknowledged by giving their source (Author, Book Title, Publisher, Year, pages). Give the author’s name and year of publication immediately after the quotation in brackets (Handy, 1998) and the full reference (Handy, C The Hungry Spirit London: Arrow Books 1998 pp 187-9) in the bibliography at the end of your essay. Any ideas you take from a book, a website or other source must be acknowledged by reference to the author and book as above, and the details of the book must be included in a bibliography.
Place an order of a custom essay for this assignment with us now. You are guaranteed; a custom premium paper being delivered within its deadline, personalized customer support and communication with your writer through out the order preparation period
Have troubles with paper writing? You’ve found the right paper writing company! We are the leading essay writing services that provides quality papers for a reasonable price. On our website, you can order various assignments. Our work is 100% original. We write your essay from scratch, according to the exact specifications of your assignment. We guarantee it will pass any plagiarism check
Get Your Papers Completed by Expert Writers
Order essays, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, research proposal, capstone project, discussion, projects, case study, speech/presentation, article, article critique, coursework, book report/review, movie review, annotated bibliography, or another assignment without having to worry about its originality – we offer 100% original content written completely from scratch