HSM310 “Top 100” Application Paper
“Top 100” Application Paper
Your first paper is due in Week 4 and should be meet the following basic requirements:
• 500 to 1,000 words (approximately 2 to 4 pages)
• Times New Roman; 12pt font; standard margins
• APA formatting with in-text citations and a Works Cited page
Your paper will be addressing the following topic: “What Makes a Top 100 Hospital.” Use the link available under the Week 3 Assignment tab to identify a hospital from the current list. Select one hospital from the list; it can be a hospital in the area where you live, or you may pick another organization that you may have heard of. Think about this assignment as you read this week’s chapter and lecture notes, participate in the discussions. During Week 2, pick the hospital you will profile so you’ll have time to collect your information and prepare your paper for submission in Week 3.
Visit the hospital of your choice website. Profile the hospital or hospital system of your choice from the top 100 list. Identify the population served, ownership, types of services provided; indicate affiliations with managed care organizations, payer sources. Address other characteristics consistent with course objectives (see below). In your paper, you are persuading the reader as to why this hospital is so great and has received this honor. Points will be deducted if the paper simply reviews the history of the hospital.
Grading Rubric for this assignment is as follows:
Content: (quality) 75%
APA Formatting: (body) 15%
References Formatted: 5%
Some questions to consider as you prepare your paper:
– Who owns the hospital?
– What is the history of the organization?
– What are the stated mission and vision of the hospital?
– Is this a for-profit, not-for-profit, or governmental hospital? Is it church-affiliated?
– What type of services do they provide?
– Are there any ratings on the hospital or services? (Blog?)
– What are the primary forms of funding for the hospital?
– Is the hospital part of a network or a health system?
– What managed care affiliations does the hospital have?
– What is the composition of the Board of Directors, and how are they appointed?
– How many Medical Staff Members are there, and what types of doctors are represented?
– Does the hospital have a foundation?
– What community education does it offer?
– Is the hospital well known for any special service or program?
– What types of jobs are currently available at the hospital? What are some of the most frequent openings?
– What are the hospital’s strategic planning objectives for the year ahead?
Do not feel that you need to answer all of these questions for the hospital which you are studying, but using as many of these questions as possible will help you to prepare a good profile. Use this information to support your thesis of why this hospital deserves to be considered a Top 100 Hospital.
Good luck, and enjoy learning more about a “real world” hospital.
HSM310 “Top 100” Application Paper
Application Paper: “What Makes a Top 100 Hospital?” Your assignment is to visit the website of one of the top 100 hospitals on the list in this link: http://hospitals.healthgrove.com/
After reviewing the hospital and health system and analyzing its services and organizational structure, you are to write 3 to 4 pages paper on what you feel has made this facility a top 100 hospital. All papers must be submitted in the APA format, which includes title page and reference page, with APA-formatted references.
Title Page 5%
Content (quality) 75%
APA Formatting (body) 10%
References Formatted 5%
Follow this link to get a similar paper written from scratch
Have troubles with paper writing? You’ve found the right paper writing company! We are the leading essay writing services that provides quality papers for a reasonable price. On our website, you can order various assignments. Our work is 100% original. We write your essay from scratch, according to the exact specifications of your assignment. We guarantee it will pass any plagiarism check
Get Your Assignments Completed by Expert Writers. Hire Essay Helpers for Any Task
Order essays, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, research proposal, capstone project, discussion, projects, case study, speech/presentation, article, article critique, coursework, book report/review, movie review, annotated bibliography, or another assignment without having to worry about its originality – we offer 100% original content written completely from scratch