Strategy IT custom essay
This coursework is to be completed individually. It comprises two parts:
- A written report – word length approximately 3500 words +/- 10% (contributes 90% of total mark)
- A structured oral presentation(contributes 10% of total mark)
YOU SHOULD COMPLETE BOTH PARTS OF ASSESSMENT IN ORDER TO PASS THE COURSE. MISSING ONE OF THE TWO WILL CAUSE YOU TO FAIL THE WHOLE COURSE.
You should attend to the following instructions:
Choose a real organisation you have either worked for / currently work for, or one where you can have access (this may be a firm where a close friend or relative has worked for / is working for). It is essential NOT to use a firm for which you can ONLY get secondary data (e.g. publicly available information only).
Discuss the implementation of an Information System in that organisation. That may be:
- retrospective (i.e. referring to a system that has been implemented in the past)
- current (i.e. referring to a system currently under planning / development / testing / rollout etc.)
- prospective (i.e. providing a proposal for implementing a specific IT system in the immediate future)
You must address at least the following areas (marks allocated according to the percentages provided):
- the organisational / business background of the firm (10%);
- a brief account of the technological system background (please focus on the technological as opposed to technical specifications of the system) (10%);
- the implementation process, from initiation to termination (where appropriate); (25%)
- the strategic impact – or lack of it – of the implementation on the operational / structural / cultural / economic / legal and other identified facets of the organisation; (40%)
- an assessment of the implementation (PIR – Post-Implementation Review) (10%)
- a proposition for the future IS Strategy of the firm (5%).
It is recommended that you use an Analytical Framework of your choice for your approach to implementation analysis, to assist you in sytematically approaching the matter.
You need to draw and provide conclusions which are relevant and specific; you also need to provide recommendations for the future state of the organisation. Finally, you need to recommend further work to anyone who may – hypothetically – wish to follow your work through to a higher level.
A word-processed, report-style, fully referenced (with in-text citation) paper of 3500 words (+/- 10%). This excludes Appendices and References.
Nb. Please include the number of words, excluding references, at the beginning of your answer.
A brief outline presentation of your work, using any form of presentation you prefer (e.g. PowerPoint). The duration of the presentation should be no more than 5 minutes.
70%+. An excellent attempt demonstrating a clear understanding of the requirements of the assignment. An impressive demonstration of research, organisation, initiative and application.
60-69%. A good attempt demonstrating a strong understanding of the requirements of the assignment. A good display of research, organisation, initiative and application.
50-59%. A satisfactory attempt demonstrating an effective understanding of the assignment. An acceptable display of research, organisation, initiative and application.
40-49%. A basic understanding of the assignment and its effect. Research, analysis and initiative limited.
30-39%. Poor understanding of the requirements of the assignment. Possibly some confusion and much irrelevant material. A poor display of research, organisation, initiative and application.
0-29%. Little to no understanding of the requirements of the assignment. Little effort involved in research, organisation, initiative or application.
90% of the marks awarded are based on the written report; 10% fo the marks are based on the oral presentation. Failing to deliver any of the two will lead to failing the course.
Follow this link to get a similar paper written from scratch
Place an order for this assignment or any other paper with us. We guarantee that the paper will be delivered within the specified deadline. We also have a personalized customer support and you will be able to communicate with your writer throughout the order preparation process. Thank you for choosing us.
Have troubles with paper writing? You’ve found the right paper writing company! We are the leading essay writing services that provides quality papers for a reasonable price. On our website, you can order various assignments. Our work is 100% original. We write your essay from scratch, according to the exact specifications of your assignment. We guarantee it will pass any plagiarism check
Get Your Papers Completed by Expert Writers
Order essays, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, research proposal, capstone project, discussion, projects, case study, speech/presentation, article, article critique, coursework, book report/review, movie review, annotated bibliography, or another assignment without having to worry about its originality – we offer 100% original content written completely from scratch