MIS 589 Networking Concepts and Application
MIS 589 Networking Concepts and Application Final Exam
Multiple Choice Questions
- Question (TCO A)Organization XYZ has just been granted access to the LAN of the ABC organization to access Web-based applications over the Internet. Organization ABC has established what type of access?
- Question (TCO B)The ________________ is a WAN network that includes hundreds of thousands to millions of machines and users worldwide
- Question (TCO B)Which of the following is considered a component of a network
- Question (TCO C)Which is true about a network hub?
- Question (TCO C)Hubs and switches also act as __________ to help prevent attenuation
- Question (TCO D)A ___________ connect(s) two similar networks having the same network protocol and chooses the best route between two networks when there are multiple paths
- Question (TCO D)In the case of Internet operation, a network access point is ______.
- Question (TCO E)Your organization has been the victim of a recent DoS on one of your public websites. Your CIO wants this problem to have minimal impact on your organization in the future. What is the best technology to deploy to quickly detect and take action on a DoS attack once it starts
- Question (TCO E)Your organization has decided to host a web server that will be accessible by the public. Organizational leadership is concerned about the web server being compromised and thus allowing the remaining network to be compromised. You want to come up with a solution to host and secure the Web server internally but still protect your network. What should you do
- Question (TCO F)The building block design approach is sometimes called ______.
- Question (TCO F)Your company is new and finally has acquired an operating facility. You are in change of designing the network. Organizational leadership has explained to you that they want a network that is simplistic, standardized, and that can be implemented in less than one year. What design option would best suit the needs of the organization
- Question (TCO G)__________ policies attempt to allocate costs associated with a WAN or a mainframe to specific users
- Question (TCO A)Discuss and describe three trends in communications and networking
- Question (TCO B)Discuss and support your opinions of why combining voice and data is a major organizational challenge. Include your thoughts on its possible impacts on the organization in terms of competitive advantage, internal organization, and so forth
- Question (TCO C)Switched Ethernet networks dominate the landscape of computer networks today. What improvements do Switched Ethernet networks have over its predecessor Shared Ethernet networks? Be specific and answer in details
- Question (TCO C)What are the preferred technologies used in the three technology layers in backbone design? Describe each of the technologies in detail
- Question (TCO D)What are the principal organizations responsible for Internet governance, and what do they do
- Question (TCO E)Viruses and worms are issues that any networking professional must face. Compare and contrast viruses and worms. Be n
- Question (TCO F)What are some major problems that can cause network designs to fail? Provide the problems in detail
Question (TCO G)The total cost of ownership (TCO) is a measure of how much it costs per year to keep one computer operating. TCO includes the cost of support staff to attach it to the network, install software, administer the network (e.g., create user ids, backup user data), provide training and technical support, and upgrade hardware and software. It also includes the cost of time “wasted” by the user when problems occur or when the user is attempting to learn new software. Discuss in detail at least three approaches that can be used to reduce network costs.
Have troubles with paper writing? You’ve found the right paper writing company! We are the leading essay writing services that provides quality papers for a reasonable price. On our website, you can order various assignments. Our work is 100% original. We write your essay from scratch, according to the exact specifications of your assignment. We guarantee it will pass any plagiarism check
Get Your Papers Completed by Expert Writers
Order essays, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, research proposal, capstone project, discussion, projects, case study, speech/presentation, article, article critique, coursework, book report/review, movie review, annotated bibliography, or another assignment without having to worry about its originality – we offer 100% original content written completely from scratch