Assignment 1: Legal Compliance
The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) of 1938—also called the Wages and Hours Bill—is a federal law protecting the employee’s right to compensation for work performed. It established the national minimum wage and guaranteed overtime, and prohibited the employment of minors. While organizations are expected to abide by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) of 1938, in many cases, the definition of what constitutes an exempt versus nonexempt employee is questionable or open to interpretation. This can and does have serious consequences for the employer when employees are found to have been misclassified.
Use the textbook, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet to research the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) of 1938 and related cases. Select an example of a company that mislabeled a nonexempt employee as exempt or mislabeled an exempt employee as nonexempt. Write an analysis, including the following:
- Summarize the example you selected, including a description of the issue and an exploration of its cause.
- Explain the implications of mislabeling for both the employee and the organization.
- How could such a situation be avoided in the future?
- By Saturday, October 24, 2015, post your responses to this Discussion Area.
- Through Wednesday, October 28, 2015, respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts who chose perspectives different from yours. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between one two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion.
Follow this link to get a similar paper written from scratch
Have troubles with paper writing? You’ve found the right paper writing company! We are the leading essay writing services that provides quality papers for a reasonable price. On our website, you can order various assignments. Our work is 100% original. We write your essay from scratch, according to the exact specifications of your assignment. We guarantee it will pass any plagiarism check
Get Your Assignments Completed by Expert Writers. Hire Essay Helpers for Any Task
Order essays, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, research proposal, capstone project, discussion, projects, case study, speech/presentation, article, article critique, coursework, book report/review, movie review, annotated bibliography, or another assignment without having to worry about its originality – we offer 100% original content written completely from scratch