Information Security and Assurance custom essay
Information Security and Assurance
DOMAIN 423.1 – CYBERLAW
Competency 423.1.3: Laws and Regulations of Cyberterrorism and Cybercrimes – The graduate evaluates the application of current laws and regulations in situations involving constitutional controversy and authority, deterring terrorism, ethical implications, or cybercrime.
Competency 423.1.5: Regulatory Requirements and Standards – The graduate ensures alignment of regulatory requirements and standards with appropriate information security and assurance controls for organizations that process or hold privacy, financial, or medical information electronically.
Competency 423.1.7 Cybercrimes – The graduate analyzes cybercrime scenarios to determine potential implications to enterprise continuity.
You are the chief information security officer (CISO) for VL Bank as depicted in the attached “VL Bank Case Study.” Examine the body of evidence that your information security analysts have collected and consider the following:
- Who is affected?
- What happened?
- Where have the events occurred?
- How will you resolve the cybercrime?
- How did this happen?
- Develop a report (suggested length of 3–5 pages) for VL Bank senior management regarding the cybercrime from the attached “VL Bank Case Study” in which you do the following:
- Discuss how two laws or regulations apply to the case study.
- Discuss how VL Bank will work within the parameters of appropriate legal jurisdiction with specific bodies of law enforcement to resolve the situation.
- Discuss legal considerations for preparing the digital evidence VL Bank will need to provide law enforcement and attorneys.
- Explain what coordination should take place between the CISO and VL Bank’s lawyer.
- Discuss how this cybercrime could affect VL Bank’s enterprise continuity.
- Explain how VL Bank could use technology to prevent the cybercrime in the case scenario.
- Discuss information security and assurance controls that could mitigate future attacks of this kind at VL Bank.
- Explain how these controls align to regulatory requirements and standards.
- When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: When bulleted points are present in the task prompt, the level of detail or support called for in the rubric refers to those bulleted points.
Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the Rubric Terms web link included in the Evaluation Procedures section.
Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in a paper or project, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the paper or project.
Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. For tips on using APA style, please refer to the APA Handout web link included in the General Instructions section.
Place an order of a custom essay for this assignment with us now. You are guaranteed; a custom premium paper being delivered within its deadline, personalized customer support and communication with your writer through out the order preparation period.
Have troubles with paper writing? You’ve found the right paper writing company! We are the leading essay writing services that provides quality papers for a reasonable price. On our website, you can order various assignments. Our work is 100% original. We write your essay from scratch, according to the exact specifications of your assignment. We guarantee it will pass any plagiarism check
Get Your Papers Completed by Expert Writers
Order essays, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, research proposal, capstone project, discussion, projects, case study, speech/presentation, article, article critique, coursework, book report/review, movie review, annotated bibliography, or another assignment without having to worry about its originality – we offer 100% original content written completely from scratch