Explain the ways in which leadership of people and processes was utilized while designing an intervention and its implementation.
Demonstration of Proficiency
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Lead people and processes to improve patient, systems, and population outcomes.
- Explain the ways in which leadership of people and processes was utilized while designing an intervention and its implementation.
- Competency 2: Make clinical and operational decisions based upon the best available evidence.
- Justify decisions related to developing a professional product with relevant research, evidence, and best practices.
- Competency 3: Transform processes to improve quality, enhance patient safety, and reduce the cost of care.
- Demonstrate process improvements in the quality, safety, or cost of care resulting from an intervention and related professional product.
- Competency 7: Implement patient-centered care to improve quality of care and the patient experience.
- Demonstrate improvements in the quality of care and patient experience resulting from an intervention and related professional product.
- Competency 8: Integrate professional standards and values into practice.
- Communicate professionally in clear, logically organized writing, using correct grammar, spelling, and APA style.
Important: You must complete all of the assessments in order for this course.
Before submitting this assessment, you must have logged at least three direct-contact hours in CORE ELMS. These hours will include only the time that you spent working directly with patients, families, and/or community members to implement your intervention, collect and analyze data, and deliver your professional product to your target audience.
For this assessment, you will develop and deliver a professional product to address the health problem defined in your first assessment to improve care and the patient experience. This will be delivered face-to-face to the individual or group that you have identified. Appropriate examples include development of a community education program focused on a particular health issue or a handout to help the elderly and their families understand their Medicare and Medicaid options. The product must be useful in a practice setting, relevant to your project, and designed to improve some aspect of care or the patient experience that can be used in your own practice, with your family or community.
Relevant products include but are not limited to:
- Patient education handout (such as a medication sheet).
- Patient safety plan.
- Process improvement in-service.
- Medicaid/Medicare patient coverage and finance guide.
- Teaching plan.
Your submission will consist of two parts: an APA-formatted paper providing your rationale and supporting evidence, and the professional product.
For the brief APA-style paper, one organizational option is:
- Summary of intervention and implementation:
- What did you do?
- How did you lead in terms of the processes used in the project?
- With what participants?
- Who were your interprofessional collaborators?
- How did you lead them in this project?
- What were your key findings?
- Evidence-based rationale for professional product development:
- What professional product did you develop?
- Why did you choose this type of product?
- How does it align with your intervention?
- How will the product help improve outcomes?
- How will the product enhance the patient experience?
- How does the product improve a process related to quality, safety, and/or cost of care?
- How do relevant research, evidence, and best practices support your choice of professional product and approach?
For your professional product, you may choose to develop a deliverable that could be used in your care setting to communicate and sustain relevant improvements related to the intervention you carried out. The key is that the professional product is useful to the target audience (such as a large-print Medicaid/Medicare patient coverage and finance guide that is easy for the elderly and their families to use, or an easily implemented process improvement in-service for home care nurses).
Your brief paper and professional product will be assessed according to the following scoring guide criteria:
- Demonstrate process improvements in the quality, safety, or cost of care as a result of a direct clinical intervention and newly developed professional product.
- Demonstrate improvements in the patient experience resulting from a direct clinical intervention and newly developed professional product.
- Justify decisions related to developing a professional product using relevant research, evidence, and best practices.
- Communicate professionally in writing that is clear and logically organized, with correct grammar, spelling, and use of APA style.
Have troubles with paper writing? You’ve found the right paper writing company! We are the leading essay writing services that provides quality papers for a reasonable price. On our website, you can order various assignments. Our work is 100% original. We write your essay from scratch, according to the exact specifications of your assignment. We guarantee it will pass any plagiarism check
Get Your Papers Completed by Expert Writers
Order essays, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, research proposal, capstone project, discussion, projects, case study, speech/presentation, article, article critique, coursework, book report/review, movie review, annotated bibliography, or another assignment without having to worry about its originality – we offer 100% original content written completely from scratch