Here there is HW#8 about Engineering Careers. The file that will attach it will be the main file which you will follow the instruction and answer the questions.
I will send you en email that have everything thing you need.
Design4Practice (D4P) Program
To: EGR 186 Students
From: Jennifer Wade
Re: Engineering Careers
This assignment is due at the beginning of next class.
- Read the documents posted on Bb Learn:
- Lists useful information about the different disciplines
- Engineering fields
- An descriptive overview of engineering disciplines
- Be sure to review Table 1-1 regarding career paths
- Visit the following websites:
- Read about your major
- If currently undecided, read about Civil, Computer, Electrical, Environmental, and/or Mechanical
- Additional information about engineering occupations
- Now, log into LOUIE, and read the course descriptions of classes in your major.
- In LOUIE, select the “Search” tab and then the “browse course catalog” tab.
- Engineering courses are found in these areas:
- CENE – Civil and Environmental Engineering
- CM – Construction Management
- EE – Electrical Engineering
- EGR – General Engineering
- ME – Mechanical Engineering
- For more detailed instructions on how to find the course catalog, follow this link: http://nau.edu/its/learn/coursecatalog/
- Find 5 engineering jobs that are interesting to you (you can use other websites):
- Prepare and submit a table containing the following information for each job:
- the title of the position,
- the URL of the website,
- the description of the position, and
- required level of education / experience.
- Required knowledge or skills
- Desired knowledge or skills
- Using the table for talking points, compare and contrast the required and desirable knowledge and skills listed in the 5 job postings.
|Position: Mechanical Engineering, Assistant Professor|
|Vacancy Number: 600035|
|Department: Mechanical Engineering|
|Status: Full-Time, Regular|
- To apply, send (i) a letter of intent identifying the position of interest, describing teaching and research interests and experience, and addressing qualifications, (ii) a current curriculum vitae, and (iii) the names and contact information of three references. The preferred method of submission of these materials is by email at ME.AssistantProf@nau.edu. Alternatively, the materials may be mailed to: ME Assistant Professor Search Committee Chair, College of Engineering, Forestry and Natural Sciences, Northern Arizona University, PO Box 15600, Flagstaff, AZ 86011-5600.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at Northern Arizona University is seeking applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor with an emphasis in thermal-fluid sciences and renewable energy, with a start date in August 2013. We seek entrepreneurial candidates committed to excellence in teaching undergraduate and graduate courses, and who will conduct funded scholarship in the field of renewable and sustainable energy systems. The successful candidate will be expected to participate as a core member in NAU’s newly established Institute for Sustainable Energy Solutions (ISES) (http://ses.nau.edu/), and work with other ISES members in scholarly activities.
- An earned doctorate in mechanical engineering or a closely related discipline conferred by the start date of August 19, 2013.
- Demonstrated research expertise and interest in funded research related to renewable energy and sustainable energy systems.
- Experience in innovative teaching of undergraduate and graduate mechanical engineering courses in the thermal-fluid sciences.
- Effective communication skills in both oral and written English.
- Evidence of an interest in and enthusiasm for contributing to a culture of innovation and scholarship in an engineering academic institution.
- Experience working and interacting with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Northern Arizona University has a student population of about 25,000 at its main campus in Flagstaff and at about 30 sites across the state.
- Committed to a diverse and civil working and learning environment, NAU has earned a solid reputation as a university with all the features of a large institution but with a personal touch, with a faculty and staff dedicated to each student’s success. All faculty members are expected to promote student learning and help students achieve academic outcomes.
- While our emphasis is undergraduate education, we offer a wide range of graduate programs and research. Our institution has carefully integrated on-campus education with distance learning, forming seamless avenues for students to earn degrees.
- Flagstaff has a population of about 65,000, rich in cultural diversity. Located at the base of the majestic San Francisco Peaks, Flagstaff is 140 miles north of Phoenix at the intersection of Interstate 17 and Interstate 40. With its elevation of 7,000 feet and four-season climate, Flagstaff is ideal for year-round outdoor activities. Nearby attractions include the Grand Canyon, Lowell Observatory, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona, Monument Valley, Sunset Crater, Meteor Crater, and Arizona Snowbowl.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering in the College of Engineering, Forestry, and Natural Sciences, the largest college on the NAU campus, offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. These include a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering (ABET accredited), a Master of Science in Engineering with a major in Mechanical Engineering, a Master of Engineering with a major in Mechanical Engineering, and a Ph.D. in Engineering Sustainable Systems which is offered in collaboration with the NAU School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Sustainability. The department currently has 550 students, 9 faculty and has experienced enrollment growth of approximately 210% in the last four years.
- Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check. Additionally, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees’ right to work in the United States.
- The salary range for this position is $70,000 to $73,500 per academic year (9-month), depending on experience and qualifications.
- This position will be open until filled or closed. Review of applications will begin on January 7, 2013.
Have troubles with paper writing? You’ve found the right paper writing company! We are the leading essay writing services that provides quality papers for a reasonable price. On our website, you can order various assignments. Our work is 100% original. We write your essay from scratch, according to the exact specifications of your assignment. We guarantee it will pass any plagiarism check
Get Your Assignments Completed by Expert Writers. Hire Essay Helpers for Any Task
Order essays, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, research proposal, capstone project, discussion, projects, case study, speech/presentation, article, article critique, coursework, book report/review, movie review, annotated bibliography, or another assignment without having to worry about its originality – we offer 100% original content written completely from scratch