Click on the following link(s) for the Phase 3 Reading Assignment:
- CRS Issue Statement on Organized Crime and Gangs in the U.S.
- Foreign Terrorist Organizations 8/10/2010
- Prostitution as a Possible Funding Mechanism for Terrorism
Contemporary Domestic Terrorism Issues
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
- Was the Department of Homeland Security wrong in the threat assessment released in November of 2009, in which it cited a growing threat from domestic extremist groups and individuals? Why or why not? Explain.
- Was it inappropriate to discuss the domestic environment and possible motivations for citizens to engage in terrorist behavior and acts? Why or why not?
- Do you feel that it illustrated a lack of trust of U.S. citizens? Explain.
- Should the Secretary of Homeland Security have apologized for the assessment? Why or why not?
- If such briefings are not tolerable to the citizens of the United States, how should the federal government (or state or local governments) communicate to its citizens information related to trends in domestic terrorism, hate groups and crimes, and the risk posed to citizens? Explain in detail.
- Should certain groups or individuals be off-limits when discussing potential terrorist motivations (e.g., military veteran.
Have troubles with paper writing? You’ve found the right paper writing company! We are the leading essay writing services that provides quality papers for a reasonable price. On our website, you can order various assignments. Our work is 100% original. We write your essay from scratch, according to the exact specifications of your assignment. We guarantee it will pass any plagiarism check
Get Your Assignments Completed by Expert Writers. Hire Essay Helpers for Any Task
Order essays, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, research proposal, capstone project, discussion, projects, case study, speech/presentation, article, article critique, coursework, book report/review, movie review, annotated bibliography, or another assignment without having to worry about its originality – we offer 100% original content written completely from scratch