Diamond and graphite are the two primary allotropes of carbon. Neither is generally considered hazardous, but they have their own specific uses.
- Diamond and graphite are the two primary allotropes of carbon. Neither is generally considered hazardous, but they have their own specific uses. Choose which of the following statements is TRUE regarding these allotropes.
|Diamond and graphite undergo phase changes from solid to liquid at moderately high temperature.|
|Diamond and graphite do not burn.|
|Diamond and graphite have different chemical structures.|
|Diamond and graphite are poor conductors of heat.|
- An employee at a municipal water treatment plant was experiencing chest pain, nausea, and burning of the eyes and throat. The industrial hygienist has determined that it may be due to chlorine exposure at which levels?
|1-hr exposure at 0.5 – 2 ppm|
|1-hr exposure at 2 – 20 ppm|
|1-hr exposure at > 20 ppm|
|8-hr exposure at 1 ppm|
- Which of the following statements regarding oxygen is FALSE?
|There are three allotropes of oxygen: GOX, LOX, and ozone.|
|LOX is cryogenic oxygen.|
|Gaseous oxygen under increased pressure is called hyperbaric oxygen.|
|Industrial facilities that use large quantities of oxygen often store it as the cryogenic liquid.|
- Underground coal mining presents workers with many hazards EXCEPT which of the following? Choose the best answer.
|Potential for fire and explosion due to methane|
|Prolonged inhalation of coal dust could cause pneumonoconiosis (black lung disease)|
- Where in the Emergency Response Guidebook(ERG) can an environmental health and safety (EHS) and/or fire service (FS) professional find the initial isolation distance for a small leak of a phosphorus trichloride?
Orange and green sections
- Although coal is no longer the favored energy source, U.S. coal mines still produced close to a billion short tons of coal. Match the description of the following chemical products obtained from or related to coal.
- Coal is mined worldwide for use mainly at power plants to generate electricity.
- Discuss why coal in a crushed, granulated, or pulverized form spontaneously combusts? In addition, what health effects are associated with coal dust?
- Another form of carbon is activated carbon. Discuss what activatedcarbon is, and provide at least two of its industrial or medical applications.
Your total response must be at least 200 words in length. You are required to use at least your textbook as source material for your response. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced. Paraphrased and/or quoted material must have accompanying citations in APA format.
- A chlorine manufacturing company offers a rail carrier 2700 lb (1227 kg) of liquefied compressed chlorine for transportation contained in a ton-container.
- Describe how this rail carrier will comply with DOT transportation requirements.
- Provide at least two examples to demonstrate the corrosive nature of chlorine gas.
Your total response must be at least 200 words in length. You are required to use at least your textbook as source material for your response. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced. Paraphrased and/or quoted material must
Place an order of a custom essay for this assignment with us now. You are guaranteed; a custom premium paper being delivered within its deadline, personalized customer support and communication with your writer through out the order preparation period
Have troubles with paper writing? You’ve found the right paper writing company! We are the leading essay writing services that provides quality papers for a reasonable price. On our website, you can order various assignments. Our work is 100% original. We write your essay from scratch, according to the exact specifications of your assignment. We guarantee it will pass any plagiarism check
Get Your Papers Completed by Expert Writers
Order essays, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, research proposal, capstone project, discussion, projects, case study, speech/presentation, article, article critique, coursework, book report/review, movie review, annotated bibliography, or another assignment without having to worry about its originality – we offer 100% original content written completely from scratch