DESCRIPTIVE STATISTICS PART I
DESCRIPTIVE STATISTICS PART I: NORMAL CURVES, VARIABILITY, AND PLOTTING
For this assignment, using the enclosed data collected, please do the following:
1. Calculate the mean, median, and mode of the measurements taken in enclosed Module 1 SLP. Be sure to express each value of central tendency in units.
2. Discuss whether the values are higher or lower than you would have expected.
3. State which measure of central tendency you think most accurately describes the variable that you measured. Provide a thorough explanation.
4. Conduct a scholarly search on the internet to find reported health statistics on the variable that you are measuring. For example, if you are measuring your total daily caloric intake, American Dietetic Association. Identify the source.
Your specific assignment for this week is to select one type of quantitative health datum to collect from your own life. Some examples of data to collect could be:
- How many minutes do you spend exercising each day?
- What is your total daily caloric intake in calories?
- What is your resting heart rate in beats per minute?
- How many ounces of water do you drink each day?
- What is your estimated total caloric expenditure from exercise each day?
- What is your estimated daily intake of saturated fat in grams?
- What is your daily systolic/diastolic blood pressure?
- Choose one variable that varies measurably from day to day. Be sure to specify the units of measurement, and state how it will be gathered.
- Then collect at least 5 days worth of data on that one variable. For example, if your variable is how many minutes you spend exercising each day, simply record the number of minutes that you spend exercising each day during the sampling period. Be sure to save this data for use in remaining SLP assignments. The more data points that you gather during the session, the better.
- Describe the data you have collected and its importance in relations to individual/population’s health.
Have troubles with paper writing? You’ve found the right paper writing company! We are the leading essay writing services that provides quality papers for a reasonable price. On our website, you can order various assignments. Our work is 100% original. We write your essay from scratch, according to the exact specifications of your assignment. We guarantee it will pass any plagiarism check
Get Your Papers Completed by Expert Writers
Order essays, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, research proposal, capstone project, discussion, projects, case study, speech/presentation, article, article critique, coursework, book report/review, movie review, annotated bibliography, or another assignment without having to worry about its originality – we offer 100% original content written completely from scratch