- Susmel Inc. is considering a project that has the following cash flow data. What is the project’s payback?
We Write Essays For Students
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your paperWrite My Essay For Me
- As assistant to the CFO of Boulder Inc., you must estimate the Year 1 cash flow for a project with the following data. What is the Year 1 cash flow?
|Other operating costs||$6,000|
- Francis Inc.’s stock has a required rate of return of 10.25%, and it sells for $57.50 per share. The dividend is expected to grow at a constant rate of 6.00% per year. What is the expected year-end dividend, D1?
- If a typical company correctly estimates its WACC at a given point in time and then uses that same cost of capital to evaluate all projects for the next 10 years, then the firm will most likely
|a.||become riskier over time, but its intrinsic value will be maximized|
|b.||become less risky over time, and this will maximize its intrinsic value|
|c.||accept too many low-risk projects and too few high-risk projects|
|d.||become more risky and also have an increasing WACC. Its intrinsic value will not be maximized|
|e.||continue as before, because there is no reason to expect its risk position or value to change over time as a result of its use of a single cost of capital|
- Qualcomm Inc.’s stock currently sells for $35.25 per share. The dividend is projected to increase at a constant rate of 4.75% per year. The required rate of return on the stock, rs, is 11.50%. What is the stock’s expected price 5 years from now?
- Schnusenberg Corporation just paid a dividend of D0 = $0.75 per share, and that dividend is expected to grow at a constant rate of 6.50% per year in the future. The company’s beta is 1.25, the required return on the market is 10.50%, and the risk-free rate is 4.50%. What is the company’s current stock price?
- Masulis Inc. is considering a project that has the following cash flow and WACC data. What is the project’s discounted payback?
- Bilulu Inc. is considering Projects S and L, whose cash flows are shown below. These projects are mutually exclusive, equally risky, and not repeatable. If the decision is made by choosing the project with the higher MIRR rather than the one with the higher NPV, how much value will be forgone Note that under some conditions choosing projects on the basis of the MIRR will cause $0.00 value to be lost.
- Assume that Kish Inc. hired you as a consultant to help estimate its cost of common equity. You have obtained the following data: D0 = $0.90; P0 = $27.50; and g = 7.00% (constant). Based on the DCF approach, what is the cost of common from retained earnings?
- Several years ago the Metalusa Inc. sold a $1,000 par value, noncallable bond that now has 20 years to maturity and a 7.00% annual coupon that is paid semiannually. The bond currently sells for $925 and the company s tax rate is 40%. What is the component cost of debt for use in the WACC calculation?
- Data Computer Systems is considering a project that has the following cash flow data. What is the project’s IRR Note that a project’s IRR can be less than the WACC (and even negative), in which case it will be rejected.
- Desai Industries is analyzing an average-risk project, and the following data have been developed. Unit sales will be constant, but the sales price should increase with inflation. Fixed costs will also be constant, but variable costs should rise with inflation. The project should last for 3 years, it will be depreciated on a straight-line basis, and there will be no salvage value. This is just one of many projects for the firm, so any losses can be used to offset gains on other firm projects. What is the project s expected NPV?
|Net investment cost (depreciable basis)||$200,000|
|Average price per unit, Year 1||$25.00|
|Fixed op. cost excl. deprec. (constant)||$150,000|
|Variable op. cost/unit, Year 1||$20.20|
|Annual depreciation rate||33.333%|
|Expected inflation rate per year||5.00%|
- If D0 = $1.75, g (which is constant) = 3.6%, and P0 = $32.00, what is the stock s expected total return for the coming year?
- If a stock s dividend is expected to grow at a constant rate of 5% a year, which of the following statements is CORRECT? The stock is in equilibrium.
a. The expected return on the stock is 5% a year.
b. The stock s dividend yield is 5%.
c. The price of the stock is expected to decline in the future.
d. The stock s required return must be equal to or less than 5%.
e. The stock s price one year from now is expected to be 5% above the current price.
|a.||The expected return on the stock is 5% a year|
|b.||The stock s dividend yield is 5%|
|c.||The price of the stock is expected to decline in the future|
|d.||The stock s required return must be equal to or less than 5%|
|e.||The stock s price one year from now is expected to be 5% above the current price
15. Mushali Services is now at the end of the final year of a project. The equipment originally cost $22,500, of which 75% has been depreciated. The firm can sell the used equipment today for $6,000, and its tax rate is 40%. What is the equipment s after-tax salvage value for use in a capital budgeting analysis? Note that if the equipment s final market value is less than its book value, the firm will receive a tax credit as a result of the sale.
16. If D1 = $1.50, g (which is constant) = 6.5%, and P0 = $56, what is the stock s expected capital gains yield for the coming year?
17. Hindelang Inc. is considering a project that has the following cash flow and WACC data. What is the project’s MIRR Note that a project’s MIRR can be less than the WACC (and even negative), in which case it will be rejected.
18. Rivoli Inc. hired you as a consultant to help estimate its cost of common equity. You have been provided with the following data: D0 = $0.80; P0 = $22.50; and g = 8.00% (constant). Based on the DCF approach, what is the cost of common from retained earnings?
19. Lafarge Inc. estimates that its average-risk projects have a WACC of 10%, its below-average risk projects have a WACC of 8%, and its above-average risk projects have a WACC of 12%. Which of the following projects (A, B, and C) should the company accept?
a. Project B, which is of below-average risk and has a return of 8.5%.
b. Project C, which is of above-average risk and has a return of 11%.
c. Project A, which is of average risk and has a return of 9%.
d. None of the projects should be accepted.
e. All of the projects should be accepted.
20. You work for Pitloa Inc., which is considering a new project whose data are shown below. What is the project s Year 1 cash flow?
21. Your company, CSUS Inc., is considering a new project whose data are shown below. The required equipment has a 3-year tax life, and the accelerated rates for such property are 33%, 45%, 15%, and 7% for Years 1 through 4. Revenues and other operating costs are expected to be constant over the project s 10-year expected operating life. What is the project s Year 4 cash flow?
22. Carter’s preferred stock pays a dividend of $1.00 per quarter. If the price of the stock is $45.00, what is its nominal (not effective) annual rate of return?
23. Tesar Chemicals is considering Projects S and L, whose cash flows are shown below. These projects are mutually exclusive, equally risky, and not repeatable. The CEO believes the IRR is the best selection criterion, while the CFO advocates the NPV. If the decision is made by choosing the project with the higher IRR rather than the one with the higher NPV, how much, if any, value will be forgone, i.e., what’s the chosen NPV versus the maximum possible NPV Note that (1) “true value” is measured by NPV, and (2) under some conditions the choice of IRR vs. NPV will have no effect on the value gained or lost.
24. As a member of UA Corporation s financial staff, you must estimate the Year 1 cash flow for a proposed project with the following data. What is the Year 1 cash flow?
25. Clemson Software is considering a new project whose data are shown below. The required equipment has a 3-year tax life, after which it will be worthless, and it will be depreciated by the straight-line method over 3 years. Revenues and other operating costs are expected to be constant over the project s 3-year life. What is the project s Year 1 cash flow?
26. Huang Company’s last dividend was $1.25. The dividend growth rate is expected to be constant at 15% for 3 years, after which dividends are expected to grow at a rate of 6% forever. If the firm’s required return (rs) is 11%, what is its current stock price?
Struggling with paper writing? Look no further, as you have found the ideal paper writing company! We are a reputable essay writing service that offers high-quality papers at affordable prices. On our user-friendly website, you can request a wide range of assignments. Rest assured that our work is entirely original. Each essay is crafted from scratch, tailored to meet the precise requirements of your assignment. We guarantee that it will successfully pass any plagiarism check.
Get Your Assignments Completed by Expert Writers. Hire Essay Helpers for Any Task
Order essays, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, research proposal, capstone project, discussion, projects, case study, speech/presentation, article, article critique, coursework, book report/review, movie review, annotated bibliography, or another assignment without having to worry about its originality – we offer 100% original content written completely from scratch