Assignment 2 – Vice President of Operations, Part 2
BUS 515 Week 6 Assignment 2 – Vice President of Operations, Part 2
Due Week 6 and worth 280 points
Refer to the scenario from Assignment 1.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
1. Evaluate two to four (2-4) weaknesses that are evident in the selected organization’s product life cycle. Generate a new product design and product
selection, and then determine three (3) strategies that the organization needs in order to strengthen the operation. Provide support for the rationale.
2. Determine the key components of supply chain management for the company you have selected. Determine three (3) major issues that could affect the
structuring, sourcing, purchasing, and the supply chain of your organization. Provide a solution to each issue.
3. Develop a total quality management tool that identifies and analyzes any future issues. Provide a rationale for developing the selected tool.
4. Analyze three (3) advantages in employing the just-in-time philosophy in your organization. Evaluate three to five (3-5) means in which the philosophy
could potentially impact quality assurance. Provide specific examples to support your response.
5. Determine a qualitative and quantitative forecasting method for your operation. Next, create a table in which you identify the characteristics of the
operation that relate to each method. Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of each method.
6. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-
specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Determine the key components of supply chain management including structuring, sourcing, purchasing, and managing the supply chain.
• Examine how the total quality management process is a strategy for a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
• Identify the key elements of just-in-time manufacturing and its impact on quality assurances
• Develop a forecasting method appropriate to a production or service operation.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in operations management.
• Write clearly and concisely about operations management using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.
Points: 280 Assignment 2: Vice President of Operations, Part 2 Criteria Unacceptable Below 70% F Fair 70-79% C Proficient 80-89% B Exemplary 90-100% A
We guarantee that the paper will be delivered within the specified deadline. We also have a personalized customer support and you will be able to communicate with your writer throughout the order preparation process. Thank you for choosing us.
Have troubles with paper writing? You’ve found the right paper writing company! We are the leading essay writing services that provides quality papers for a reasonable price. On our website, you can order various assignments. Our work is 100% original. We write your essay from scratch, according to the exact specifications of your assignment. We guarantee it will pass any plagiarism check
Get Your Papers Completed by Expert Writers
Order essays, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, research proposal, capstone project, discussion, projects, case study, speech/presentation, article, article critique, coursework, book report/review, movie review, annotated bibliography, or another assignment without having to worry about its originality – we offer 100% original content written completely from scratch