Acquiring a Health Information System
The process of a selecting a system can vary greatly from organization to organization; nevertheless, there are certain fundamental steps that must be taken and certain considerations that must be addressed as part of any systems acquisition. The selection process takes on additional complexity within the healthcare arena, where the systems acquired by an organization directly impact the work of its clinicians and administrative staff, which in turn affects the care of its patients.
Prepare for this Discussion as follows:
- Read Case Study 7, “Implementing a Telemedicine Solution” on pages 609–611 in the course text,Health Care Information Systems: A Practical Approach for Health Care Management.
- Select one of the three high-priority areas identified in the case (e.g., radiology, behavioral health, and intensive care) to focus on. Consider the questions given at the end of the case study, and in addition, think about ways you would apply principles from the Learning Resources to this management challenge.
Post by Day 3 a response to the following:
- In the first line of your posting, identify the high-priority area you selected for this assignment.
- If you were charged with bringing telemedicine to Grand Hospital within the next 12–18 months, what first steps would you take toward system acquisition?
- Focusing in particular on radiology, behavioral health, or intensive care, what considerations would you be most concerned about addressing and why?
- Who would you involve in the planning process and why?
- Describe a key role of governance in this process.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings.
Respond by Day 5 to at least one of your colleagues’ postings—on an area different from the one you posted on—in one or more of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question.
- Expand on the colleague’s posting with additional insight and resources.
- Offer polite disagreement or critique, supported with evidence.
In addition to, but not in place of the above, you may:
- Offer and support an opinion.
- Validate an idea with your own experience.
- Make a suggestion or comment that guides or facilitates the Discussion.
Return to this Discussion in a few days to read the responses to your initial posting. Note what you have learned and/or any insights you have gained as a result of the comments your colleagues made. No posting is required.
Have troubles with paper writing? You’ve found the right paper writing company! We are the leading essay writing services that provides quality papers for a reasonable price. On our website, you can order various assignments. Our work is 100% original. We write your essay from scratch, according to the exact specifications of your assignment. We guarantee it will pass any plagiarism check
Get Your Assignments Completed by Expert Writers. Hire Essay Helpers for Any Task
Order essays, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, research proposal, capstone project, discussion, projects, case study, speech/presentation, article, article critique, coursework, book report/review, movie review, annotated bibliography, or another assignment without having to worry about its originality – we offer 100% original content written completely from scratch