ABS 200 Week 5 Final Paper
ABS 200 Week 5 Final Paper
Focus of the Final Paper
Select a short video from the list below about a specific social problem such as:
Poverty 1. Retrieved on July 7, 2010 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do1QDRIhiEE&feature=related.
Poverty 2. Retrieved on July 7, 2010 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8VXrHeLqBA&feature=related.
Poverty 3. Retrieved on July 7, 2010 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1ZM5jOn65M.
Crime. Retrieved on July 7, 2010 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF92hUu0dTU.
Gangs. Retrieved on July 7, 2010 fromhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbN8sEzig-M.
Obesity 1. Retrieved on July 7, 2010 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HSqE1U_m_0&feature=related.
Obesity 2. Retrieved on July 7, 2010 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2675sU3xWto&feature=related.
Obesity 3. Retrieved on July 7, 2010 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxSAhLyKVqw&feature=related.
Anorexia. Retrieved on July 7, 2010 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jENeKOdhpGo&feature=channel.
Drug Use 1. Retrieved on July 7, 2010 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDjVT6bW5FU.
Drug Use 2. Retrieved on October 8, 2012 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZM9RHEJ35g&list=UULMLmfKSCBVFR8HpcjSu2lQ&index=7&feature=plcp
Prostitution. Retrieved on July 7, 2010 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq5IM_Ur5FQ.
Violence. Retrieved on July 7, 2010 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C06RYeblxM.
- Teen pregnancy
- Alcohol use
1) From the video selection, identify an individual from which to develop a case study or a story. You may use a specific example found within your selected video or use information to create a fictional case study.
2) Summarize the case from the perspective of the person in their environment. Examine the person’s life from the Micro, Mezzo, and Macro perspectives and describe the kinds of influences that may have led to this person’s situation for each level of influence.
- Micro: Consider the personality, emotions, beliefs, behaviors, goals interests, mental health, and strengths and weaknesses.
- Mezzo: Next, consider any small groups in which they interact such as family, peer groups, social groups, sports groups, or any other small groups in which they are involved.
- Macro: Consider any groups in which they have been involved, any organizations, and their community. This could include business, church, neighborhood, school, or other agencies or larger entities.
- Diversity: Consider any elements of diversity that may have played a part in the problem they face in life, describing how these factors may have been significant along the different levels. (Ex: If a person is gay in a religious family, they might first experience internal distress as they realize what this will mean in their social
circles, and then within their family context, peers, church, neighborhood, etc. On the other hand, the individual may find strong support system among other new peer groups or organizations.)
- Consider the individual’s strengths and weaknesses in dealing with their circumstances.
- What are their stressors and how do they cope with them? How well have they adapted to their circumstances?
3) Next, consider ways in which you, as a student or behavioral science worker, might apply the concepts from this course to benefit this individual. Describe the kinds of roles that you might employ in this individual’s behalf. Will they come from the macro, mezzo or micro level of support, or a combination? Support your comments with scholarly references.
This will be a 7 to 8 page paper, not including your cover page and references. No abstract is required for this assignment. You will include a minimum of 5 supporting references, including your text. Please use APA style formatting.
Follow this link to get a similar paper written from scratch
Place an order for this assignment or any other paper with us. We guarantee that the paper will be delivered within the specified deadline. We also have a personalized customer support and you will be able to communicate with your writer throughout the order preparation process. Thank you for choosing us.
Have troubles with paper writing? You’ve found the right paper writing company! We are the leading essay writing services that provides quality papers for a reasonable price. On our website, you can order various assignments. Our work is 100% original. We write your essay from scratch, according to the exact specifications of your assignment. We guarantee it will pass any plagiarism check
Get Your Papers Completed by Expert Writers
Order essays, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, research proposal, capstone project, discussion, projects, case study, speech/presentation, article, article critique, coursework, book report/review, movie review, annotated bibliography, or another assignment without having to worry about its originality – we offer 100% original content written completely from scratch